[libre-riscv-dev] Fwd: Preparations The Libre-RISCV SoC

Aleksandar Kostovic alexandar.kostovic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 15:43:56 GMT 2019

> ok so good news here, we pass the 2nd criteria stage, now it goes
> through to an independent review.

Thats awesome! Congratulations to all of us! :)

 we will need a one-paragraph
> summary of the project.

here's mine idea quick idea(idk if it should be any longer or shorter):

//--------//
The Libre-RISCV SoC is an ongoing development project which aims to
fulfill the spot for libre low power System on a Chip - SoC capable of
running full operating system. Our main goal is to design a chip based on
RISC-V ISA, that if fully open. Both in terms of development discussion and
code. We provide the source code of the SoC and its peripherals. The SoC
would consist of the following features:
- Four custom 64-bit cores based on RISC-V Instruction Set
- GPU capable of rendering up to 1280 x 720p reolution at 25 FPS,  100
million pixels/sec, 30 million triangles/sec and 5-6 GFLOPs of computing
power.
- FPU
The source code of the SoC is written in nMigen(
https://github.com/m-labs/nmigen), a python API for building digital
hardware.
We hope to design the chip which would fit just under 2.5 Watts of TDP,
manufactured on 28nm process.
The driver of the SoC is intended to be Kazan(
https://salsa.debian.org/Kazan-team/kazan), a Vulkan API driver that
supports cross-platform rendering, written in Rust language.