[libre-riscv-dev] uniform instruction format

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 08:55:54 BST 2019

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019, 00:45 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 7:39 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > One part I particularly want to keep in the current proposal is that
> > register fields are 8-bits wide, allowing future extension to treat
> > the integer and FP registers as a combined register file.
>
> yes... great... however why are we finding that out only just now,
> after two, almost three weeks of time have passed when we have limited
> time and budget (and this particular task is allocated *zero* budget),
> and the project's charter says that we run along unanimous
> decision-making lines?

Sorry, I had started, thinking it would take a day or two to complete, and
then we could review it together, deciding how to modify it or to discard
it completely. I hadn't intended to skip group decisions. (tbh I mostly
just forgot)

I will write a more detailed response with the idea stage of group decision
making later (most likely tomorrow).