[libre-riscv-dev] Introducing Myself

Tobias Platen hacks2019 at platen-software.de
Wed Jun 5 20:29:34 BST 2019

Hello list

I have been reading this list since early 2019. I am a backer of the
EOMA68 Crowdsupply campaign working on a port of GNU GUIX to the Libre
Tea Computer Card in my spare time.

While studiying at the University of Applied Sciences in Giessen,
Germany I implemented a small processor and a graphical display on an
FPGA. My Bachelor thesis was
about implementing a cache for that processor. While working on that
project I was reading the book Computer Architecture: a Quantitative
Approach by David Patterson and John Hennessy.

While working towards my Master thesis I learned Python, which is now
one of my preferred programming languages.
I also learned how to program in functional languages, including Scala
and Lisp at that time.

Tobias