[libre-riscv-dev] A little introduction

whygee at f-cpu.org whygee at f-cpu.org
Mon Jun 3 22:02:24 BST 2019

Hello list,

I was very surprised to discover this project on slashdot
because 20 years ago I discovered another project on slashdot
with a LOT of similarities. So similar it's uncanny but
I'm glad this project progresses so well !
20 years of progress in design tools certainly helps :-)

I could "bikeshed" here like it's comp.arch but it's not
and our society is 20 years late, at least. The state of
our computer industry is shockingly braindead and closer
to implosion every year. My motto has been "there can be
no Free Software without Free Hardware Designs"
for many years now... So please get things done fast !

I'll try to see how I can support this project,
while also benefitting from it. I don't have much time
but I have developed certain tools and methods that
might eventually be useful here, and what you do here
could help some of my own, more modest, projects
(see https://hackaday.io/whygee for an overview)

Cheers,
Yann

PS: Hi Samuel :-P