[libre-riscv-dev] Introduction

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Jan 26 12:04:23 GMT 2019

On Saturday, January 26, 2019, Aleksandar Kostovic <
alexandar.kostovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> My name is Aleksandar Kostovic.
>
> This is the official introduction from me to all of you.

Hi Aleksandar, welcome, nice to hear from you on-list :)

> I am joining this project in hope to build a fully libre GPU, learn a lot
> and have fun while doing it.

fantastic.

> I am self-taught electronics engineer and i like spending my time writing
> code and playing with hardware. I hope to work with all of the awesome
> people behind this project and help in making it a reality! :)

When you contacted me last week you sent a link to a CPU that you'd done,
it was a really nice clear and clean design.

to confirm: off-list, you sent me an id_rsa.pub ssh key, i've added it to
the gitolite3 repo, so can you try these commands:

$ ssh -v -p922 gitolite3 at git.libre-riscv.org

aside from some debug info you should get a list of repos like this:

 R W    pinmux
 R W    riscv-isa-sim
 R W    riscv-tests
 R W    rv32
 R W    shakti-core

if you do, then try these:

$ git clone ssh://gitolite3@git.libre-riscv.org:922/crowdsupply
$ git clone ssh://gitolite3@git.libre-riscv.org:922/libreriscv
$ git clone ssh://gitolite3@git.libre-riscv.org:922/riscv-tests
$ git clone ssh://gitolite3@git.libre-riscv.org:922/riscv-isa-sim

let me know how it goes?

the crucial one, for you, at this phase i think, is the crowdsupply repo.
it contains a series of planned (and released) updates, the most important
one probably right now is 012_2019jan19_summary.mdwn.  it will give you a
high-level overview, plus some important links to... err... "stuff" :)