[libre-riscv-dev] IEEE754 FPU

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Feb 25 23:13:56 GMT 2019

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 7:58 PM Aleksandar Kostovic
<alexandar.kostovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> > i'm basically floundering around here.  this kind of logic analysis
> > is something i am simply not good at!
>
> Believe me, I am not good at it either. Especially when I am so new to the
> technology(floating point and nmigen). Takes me a lot of time just figuring
> things out.

 well... at least we now have "working" against which to experiment
and make random changes which break.  if random incremental change
doesn't break, clearly it must be good! :)

 it's an absolute bitch the other way round.  the probability of a
random incremental change getting "success" is extremely low.  i
backed out of about ten different modifications before finally
succeeding with that inverted signalling, but it was pure chance that
i'd left in that code which waited for stb to go low on the output of
add1.

 welcome to the "weirdness" of programming without full understanding!
 understanding often comes *retrospectively*....

> While i would love to be of help i really dont understand what's wrong in
> it! :(

 now that i've got "working" i'm going to take some screen-shots of
gtkwave "working" and put it next to modifications that are "not
working", see what they look like.

 that i think will give the clue we're looking for.