[libre-riscv-dev] kazan | Dual license (#6)

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 18:58:39 GMT 2019

There's a new issue on Kazan about wanting to dual license Kazan to allow
static linking. I think adding the classpath exception to Kazan's license
should retain the copyleftness and specifically allow both static and
dynamic linking. Kazan is currently on the LGPLv2.1 or later.

Since this would be a relicense, I'd like to specifically get everyone in
the project's permission before I change the license.

I'd prefer that responses are on the issue rather than the mailing list so
the issue's reporter can see what's happening.

classpath exception: https://spdx.org/licenses/Classpath-exception-2.0.html
issue: https://salsa.debian.org/Kazan-team/kazan/issues/6

Jacob Lifshay