[libre-riscv-dev] IEEE754 FPU

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Feb 17 11:57:45 GMT 2019

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 11:41 AM Aleksandar Kostovic
<alexandar.kostovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> > suggestion, aleksander: do "diff -uwbB adder.v multiplier.v" and load
> > that up into an editor (preferably one that does
> > colour-syntax-highlighting on diffs).
>
> Okay. Will do. Will work on multiplier in the following days. Having
> literaly 0 time for doing anything cuz there are many stuff i need to do
> these days.

 often the way it goes.   it's the task that you said you'd be happy
to do, so it's yours to do.  i'm happy to support you with it.

 i can say that i estimate it really should not take more than half an
hour (literally) if you follow the path i suggested, which is to copy
the div.py file, do a diff on divider.v multiplier.v and use that to
locate the places where the python file needs changes.

 if you give me a heads-up any time you're free, we can chat on freenode.

> As far as music goes, anything from repetitive techno music to classical
> does it for me.

 leonard bernstein conducting mozart's requiem mass is one of the most
awesome renditions i've ever heard.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUsOuWUBsPs

 also, this is really famous in the electronic music world: TGV's
Kilomix, made with something called "Rebirth" software:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iBMpJYZIcs

 and "Confusion" by New Order (version from Blade with Wesley Snipes)
is still pretty damn good.  believe it or not, Confusion was made with
the *original* analog electronics box on which the "Rebirth" software
was based!
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6UXQ_9IRo8