[libre-riscv-dev] SVprefix v0.2

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Feb 14 11:31:31 GMT 2019

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 11:16 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> I rewrote the SVprefix proposal, it's available here:
> https://salsa.debian.org/Kazan-team/kazan/blob/master/docs/SVprefix%20Proposal.rst
>
> Let me know what you think.

 looks great: going to have to read it a few times.

> Turns out I had messed up my bit counting when creating the previous
> version, we should have enough bits for the new encoding even when only
> using half the 48-bit encoding space.

 ah that's really good.  so, bit 6 is reserved... and it could be used
to keep out of the 64-bit encoding space.

> I switched from Markdown to reStructuredText because it supports tables
> that have rowspan/colspan without having to write HTML directly.

 that's a good idea.  i looked at the html... couldn't make sense of
it.  ikiwiki supports tables from external data (that's actually
readable) by using bars to indicate rowspan.

> For those of you that love Vim, or other terminal-based text editors, I
> wrapped everything other than the tables at 80 columns.

 yeeehaw :)