[libre-riscv-dev] TLB CAM data format

Daniel Benusovich flyingmonkeys1996 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 06:28:38 GMT 2019

I am planning to have the data in the CAM be formatted like so:

# Item (Bits)
# Tag (N - 79) / ASID (78 - 64) / PTE (63 - 0)

Tag should be at the end as it will be changing based on the associativity
we choose. Since testing and changes are bound to occur this is the place
for it to be.

The ASID and PTE are fixed in size so they are stuck where they are forever
more. Nice thing is we get a constant starting bit location for the tag
data.

Let me know if this makes sense. It does to me.

Cheers,

Daniel B.