[libre-riscv-dev] [isa-dev] Re: FP transcendentals (trigonometry, root/exp/log) proposal

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 22:05:30 BST 2019

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 11:40:39 PM UTC+8, MitchAlsup wrote:

> My actual implementation folds ATAN into ATAN2 and changes the last 2 lines into::

Thx Mitch have made a note so it's not lost in list noise.

Also appreciate the microcode suggestions, have to give that some serious thought, whether to do something truly microcode-like or whether to do just a mini SRAM that contains subroutines that reprogrammable RISCV opcodes can use.

Much lower level may prove more useful, micro code operations to do FP prenormalisation, post normalisation etc. all at expanded bitwidths.

L.