[libre-riscv-dev] Good news from the review committee!

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Apr 17 20:54:53 BST 2019

On Thursday, April 18, 2019, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have already finished some milestones that I hadn't listed previously

ah fantastic

> because they were complete at the time I had replied:
> * Implementing enough of the Vulkan API to successfully execute vulkaninfo,
> including implementing (not completely tested yet) X11 interface code.
> * Implementing the SPIR-V parser generator
> * Implementing enough of the Vulkan API to pass the first 15 or so tests
> (all the ones before actual rendering is required) in the Vulkan
> Conformance Test Suite (in the process rediscovering a bug in debian's
> version of libvulkan1.so)
> * Implementing the SPIR-V structure parser (discovering a bug in spirv-opt
> https://github.com/KhronosGroup/SPIRV-Tools/issues/2433)
> * Implementing enough of the Vulkan API to get to the call of the shader
> compiler in https://github.com/programmerjake/vulkan_minimal_compute
> * Integrating LLVM's build process into Cargo

progress on vulkan, passing conformance tests, is excellent. finding bugs
in the work done by companies with billion dollar pockets i find highly
amusing.

i wonder, the MoU still has to be signed, and michiel still has to send it
to me, if these would be considered retrospectively as progress.  I will
ask him when the opportunity arises.

At the very least it is worthwhile updating the 3d_gpu wiki page, i can do
that tomorrow?

> these are just off the top of my head, there may be more
>
> let me know if you think there are dups or insignificant milestones in the
> list.

will compare tomorrow, 4am here at the moment.

thx jacob.