[Libre-soc-dev] Your grant application(s) 43240033998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Mar 18 03:48:37 GMT 2024

bob, hi,

something occurred to me to check with you, regarding NLnet
Grant rules. please can we confirm:

* these two grants are both over EUR 50,000
* as a result they receive a dedicated EU Auditor as a condition
* the only way to qualify for over EUR 50,000 NLnet
 grants is to be the Project Lead of a previously
 successfully completed NLnet Grant
* RED Semiconductor Ltd has never run an NLnet Grant
* RED Semiconductor Ltd has never applied for an NLnet Grant
* therefore RED Semiconductor Ltd has never been the
 Project Lead for an NLnet Grant and therefore
* RED Semiconductor Ltd has never successfully completed
 any NLnet Grant of any size

if the above is correct then RED Semiconductor Ltd two
Directors CALDERWOOD and LEWIS attempting to hijack either
(or both) of the two grants - either the
EUR 100,000 one (2023-12-059) or the EUR 85,000 one (2023-12-121)
was never going to be approved by yourself, simply because
they are larger than NLnet's rules permit, *without* even
having to consult or inform the European Commission.

is there anything that you can see in the above facts, rules
or logical reasoning that is incorrect?

l.

On Tuesday, February 27, 2024, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:
> thank you for letting me know, bob. i am cc'in the team publicly
> so that they are aware that our team has just lost EUR 180,000
> of potential NLnet funding and that Libre-SOC cannot apply for
> future NLnet grants. we have a weekly meeting 1700 UTC.
>
> just so you are aware, currently the ongoing harrassment *is*
> affecting both my and the rest of the team's ability to focus
> on the existing grant work.
>
> cavatools 2021-08-071 is 80% at EUR 41500,
> 2021-02A-052 CryptoRouter is *under 60%* at EUR 27450
> but both we are running out of time as they are NGI Assure
> from 3 years ago: due to the harrassment we lost two key team members in
january.

> the other two (2022-08-051 OPF, and 2022-08-107 HPC) need
> high-intensity focus by team members for prolonged periods
> of time (several weeks sometimes a few months) and the
> ongoing systematic harrassment is severely impeding everyone,
> even just from having to explain to everyone what is going on.
>
> for me it is aggravating and causing severe health issues.
> i have had to get to A&E now *13 times*, sometimes at 3am, 4am,
> risking my life in traffic *when in severe life-threatening
> medical distress* because paramedics would be too slow to get
> to the remote location i now live in.
>
> just so everyone is aware, i spoke several weeks ago with CCT,
> but as things stand i am so terrified of the people harrassing
> me (and my team) that a "live" mediated call is absolutely out
> of the question until they agree to properly listen and respect
> that due to escaping from a 15-year-long abusive relationship
> (under criminal investigtion by the Home Office) i am at risk
> of death if faced with what most people consider "normal"
> confrontational or aggressive (non-empathetic) conversational
> tactics. this will take some explaining by Brian (of CCT) in
> advance, and i have briefed him already.
>
> l.
>

> On Tuesday, February 27, 2024, Bob Goudriaan <bob at nlnet.nl> wrote:
>> Dear Luke, David and James,
>> We hope this message finds you well.
>> We are reaching out to provide you with an update on the ongoing
discussions surrounding the Libre-SoC project and its various related
efforts in which you have been involved.
>> Given the current challenges facing these projects and the resulting
uncertainties regarding their future direction, we, in consultation with
the EC, have made the decision to temporarily suspend the acceptance of new
project applications for Libre-SoC and its related initiatives.
>> At this juncture, it is difficult to anticipate the potential outcomes
of committing to new grants, considering the current unclear trajectory. As
stewards of public funding, it is incumbent upon us to mitigate any risks
associated with its allocation.
>> This decision applies to both new applications and applications that are
currently under review. It's important to note that this decision does not
affect projects already in progress, which can (and hopefully will) proceed
according to their agreed-upon terms.
>> We regret any inconvenience caused by this decision and sincerely hope
that clarity regarding representation and organizational alignment within
the project will emerge swiftly so we may lift this suspension.
>> In the meantime, we will maintain our ability to offer mediation
services through our partner CCT, with the hopeful expectation that this
will facilitate the restoration of relationships, leading to mutual
agreement on a positive path forward.