[Libre-soc-dev] health update

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Mar 16 00:28:26 GMT 2024

On Friday, March 15, 2024, Cesar Strauss via Libre-soc-dev <
libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:
> Dear Luke,
>
> Em 14/03/2024 18:48, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton via Libre-soc-dev
escreveu:

>> bottom line here is i need to be left alone, and if anyone
>> can help (publicly, not privately) in dealing with CALDERWOOD
>> and LEWIS i would be most grateful.
>>
>> it does need to be discussed publicly, not privately,
>> please do bear that in mind: i.e. don't email me privately /
>> directly with ideas, questions or suggestions: we need to keep
>> the discussion fully transparent
>
> I'll help, Luke.
>
> My suggestions are:
>
> 1) I myself would get in contact with the people involved and try to
obtain an agreement that everybody is to be left alone,

Brian is already fulfilling this role, Cesar.
> and nobody will try to harass each other in any way and form,

jacob already had to intervene on this, i believe, a few weeks
back?

> provided this is enforced by everybody.
>
> 2) For this, I'd create a public, archived, opt-in mailing list "
lsoc-red-middle-ground at googlegroups.com" where this negotiation will take
place.

in theory it sounds reasonable but they have so severely
broken the Libre-SOC Charter that they simply cannot be
trusted.

the first action BEFORE allowing them access to Libre-SOC
resources (such as joining ANY mailing list for which i am
legally responsible under the GDPR) is that, just as anyone
has and always will be required to do, is to agree to the
Charter (publicly declared).

that will *IMMEDIATELY* expose them to Conduct Violation
(which i have already outlined in detail to Brian).
once - IF - they resolve those Charter Violations - THEN
i will - just as with MARGRITIS - be in a position to do
a risk assessment as to whether it is safe to permit them to
interact publicly.

remember: they have *never agreed to the Charter*. i was
always the go-between, being in both worlds.

> What do you think?

the general principle is sound but they know full well that
they will be exposed directly and immediately to Conduct
Violation Mediation (through Brian).

geometry: without it life is pointless
the fibonacci series: easy as 1 1 2 3