[Libre-soc-dev] Your grant application(s) 43240033998

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 23:57:05 GMT 2024

On Monday, March 04, 2024 02:39:57 PM lkcl via Libre-soc-dev wrote:
> some good news, (remarkable), after speaking with dr nitesh
> patel of spire southampton he prescribed some type of specific
> steroid drops for learing sinuses. within 30 seconds of putting
> 2 up (down, as i put my head between my legs) my nose i was
> spitting phlegm, and within 90 seconds i could breathe clearly
> through my nasal passage for the very first time in i cannot
> remember. decades.

I had a somewhat similar experience with the old (original formulation) of
Actifed -- I could take a pill and within seconds, my nose would start to run
like crazy and "free breathing restored".

The new formulation of Actifed doesn't work nearly as well (in fact, not too
long ago, some organization of doctors went "on record" saying the one of the
new ingredients had no effect at all.

Anyway, the old formulation is still available in some areas of the world by
prescription.

Quotes below from Wikipedia:

   * the original formula (the effective one) is "pseudoephedrine hydrochloride
60 mg as the nasal decongestant and triprolidine hydrochloride 2.5 mg as the
antihistamine"

   * the newer formula (not effective, and specifically, I think it is the
phenylephrine HCl that has been determined to have no effect: "Pfizer changed
Actifed's formula in late 2006 to contain chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mg as the
antihistamine and phenylephrine HCl 10 mg as the nasal decongestant"

The one danger of the original formula is (and many similar drugs) is that it
can cause an enlarged prostate -- I won't tell you who has a (benign, so far)
enlarged prostate.

Glad you found out something and seem to be making some progress!

--
rhk

(sig revised 20230312 -- modified first paragraph, some other irrelevant
wordsmithing)

| No entity has permission to use this email to train an AI.

If you reply: snip, snip, and snip again; leave attributions; avoid HTML;
avoid top posting; and keep it "on list".  (Oxford comma (and semi-colon)
included at no charge.)  If you revise the topic, change the Subject: line.
If you change the topic, start a new thread.

Writing is often meant for others to read and understand (legal documents
excepted?) -- make it easier for your reader by various means, including
liberal use of whitespace (short paragraphs, separated by whitespace / blank
lines) and minimal use of (obscure?) jargon, abbreviations, acronyms, and