[Libre-soc-dev] Requesting explanation of what happened during today's meeting

Sadoon Albader sadoon at albader.co
Tue Jan 23 20:57:07 GMT 2024

On Tuesday, January 23, 2024 9:45 PM, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I will respond privately in a separate email, for now Luke and RED Semi.
> aren't getting along so Luke has blocked RED Semi. from Libre-SOC resources.
> NLNet has been asked to mediate. please be patient so we can work this out.
> Luke, please don't respond publicly for now as it's likely to only make
> things worse.

Overall I am not satisfied with the explanation. I have been patient for very
long but this is the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm not willing to
wait to be excluded from the project over another disagreement, or worse. I
really want to see this project succeed and this is not the way.

> david did mention the conflict during the meeting last tue, sorry we didn't
> communicate better.
>

> Jacob

Please don't apologize Jacob, this is not your fault.

I'm not here to attack this project or Luke. Libre-SOC is an amazing and
ambitious project and frankly a tectonic shift in computing. But being a
technical innovation does not make a project succeed by its own merit. Libre-
SOC needs better and more open management and administration. We've seen
extremely skilled people leave because of a lack of proper management and the
personal or technical disagreements that sometimes evolved to animosity.

I wish you all the best of luck, and hereby forego my share of payment for
task 999 and its subtasks (1128, 1130, 1131, 1132) by my own choice. I have
not completed poly1305 (tasks 1157, 1158, and 1159) so feel free to reallocate
the table of payments to whomever completes them.

I am hoping, but cannot demand, that the payment for task 999 and its subtasks
go to Luke Leighton exclusively. Part of this is to prove that I do not have
any negative feelings towards Luke, and another more important part I would
like to keep to myself.

This project deserves success. Please make it so. Enough with the
micromanagement. Enough with the infighting. Follow the project's charter and
improve it if necessary. Be good to each other. Don't let every disagreement
turn into a fight. For God's sake make Libre-SOC a reality.

With all that said, I bid the Libre-SOC team farewell, and I sincerely hope to
see you all succeed. Nothing would make me happier.

Sadoon