[Libre-soc-dev] Requesting explanation of what happened during today's meeting

Sadoon Albader sadoon at albader.co
Tue Jan 23 18:32:29 GMT 2024

I am extremely frustrated with all this infighting.

We need an explanation of what just happened. After pouring countless hours
working on this project, many weekends spent at home just to get tasks done,
or even me working on Libre-SOC while traveling with my family or worse:
trying to solve personal issues between members to make sure this project
keeps going, we need an explanation.

  1. Why was David Calderwood asked to leave the meeting by Luke Leighton?

  2. Why were team members not notified of a possible conflict happening, especially at this time when we are all stressed from preparing for FOSDEM and getting grant work done before the grants expire?

  3. If David himself - one of the biggest supporters of this project - was asked to leave, what gives us any guarantees that we won't be next?

  4. We've had two members leave this project due to conflicts in the past 5 months, not counting David now since he has not left by his own choice.

It saddens me to say this, but I cannot work on this project under these
conditions. Utter disrespect of the Libre-SOC charter that spells out that
"everything but unanimous decision-making is disempowering and de-motivating
(harmful)."

When was our unanimous vote taken to kick members out? Is my assumption
correct that Adnrey and Shriya are out as well, with them being excluded from
the recent email to set a password for the meeting room and only sent to few
members?

I demand an answer to all these questions, and will begrudgingly quit Libre-
SOC (and by extension, not attend FOSDEM 2024 with the team or what's left of
it) if I am not convinced.

Never thought the day would come. I expected myself to stay until the bitter
end trying to mend things, but alas, it appears my time and efforts might have
been wasted.

This. Has. Gone. Too. Far.

Sadoon