[Libre-soc-dev] Libre-SOC participation in FOSDEM_Write-up for NGI

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Feb 12 10:42:19 GMT 2024

---
geometry: without it life is pointless
the fibonacci series: easy as 1 1 2 3

On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 7:47 AM Rita Madsen via Libre-soc-dev
<libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

> I was asked if I could write up to 500 words about
> Libre-SOC participation in FOSDEM.

nice.

> This short write-up will be used in the NGI.eu
> and NGISearch.eu. My plan for it:
>
> - Short introduction to Libre-Soc as an NGI Search project beneficiary

ah: Libre-SOC is not involved in NGI Search. it's not one of
the participants (not in the Consortium of 3 companies).
as the Libre-SOC Project is not involved could you please
exclude NGI Search? strictly speaking none of us in
Libre-SOC "benefitted".

> Additionally, could any of you (Cesar, Tobias or Luke) provide 2-3
> sentences on why Libre-SOC participates in FOSDEM or
> just your opinions about the event?

FOSDEM is one of the largest still-running FOSS events,
having superseded most EU Unix User Groups. it's fantastic
to meet people time and time again, and there is always
something new.

We participate in FOSDEM in order to have a firm stable
base from which to showcase what Libre-SOC can do and
where it is going. After the event the talk schedule and the
videos remain online permanently, which makes them an
incredibly valuable (search-indexed) resource - something
that can often be overlooked by participants.

Overall, FOSDEM is just incredibly valuable and a really nice
experience.

> Please also provide your full name and position at Libre-SOC
> that you prefer to be used for citations.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton,
Project Lead and Founder since 2018.