[Libre-soc-dev] FOSDEM schedule needed

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Feb 2 17:23:09 GMT 2024

On Friday, February 2, 2024, Cesar Strauss via Libre-soc-dev <
libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:
> Em 01/02/2024 20:00, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton via Libre-soc-dev
escreveu:

>> alasdair kergon has frozen the schedule so that no new talks
>> can be added,
>
> Seems I'm still room manager in pretalx.

briilliant.

> This is what I'm seeing on pretalx:
>
> 10:50, 30 min - Cologne Chip GateMate FPGA, Anton Kuzmin

anton wanted a bit more time, starting 10:30?
he has a demo to do.

> 15 min break
>
> 11:35, 30 min - Formal Verification, Cesar Strauss
>
> 5 min break
>
> 12:10, 30 min - Verilog-AMS in Gnucap, Felix, Al Davis
>
> 5 min break
>
> 12:45, 15 min - Bigint SVP64, Jacob
>
> 5 min break
>
> 13:05, 30 min - FOSS CAD/EDA tools, Wladek Grabinski
>
> 5 min break
>
> 13:40, 30 min - ECP5 Libre-SOC prototyping, Tobias
>
> 15 min break

that's way too big a gap.

> 14:25, 15 min - Advanced Simple-V: DD-FF, Luke
>
> Luke's talk is on pretalx at 14:25, but his availability is set to 12:00
- 14:00, so it won't show in the schedule.

i did alter it but obviously it didn'tsave.  annoying.
tablet. pretalx really is a pilef crap.

i will try again.

> Jacob's talk is also on pretalx. I suspect it will appear, if he sets his
availability. Likewise, I think that's the way he found to hide it, while
not getting a response, if prerecorded talks are allowed. I'll ask about
this again. I don't see why not, his video will appear on the screen, and
maybe there's a way to plug the computer audio to the microfone input, or
just point the microfone to the computer speaker...

no howling feedback,should do ok :) i *may* be available
for Q&A if they can be typed out on jitsi?

> There's a big 15 min gap before 11:35. Maybe I can lengthen mine and/or
Anton's.

yes 15 min gaps are way too long. 10 absolute max, 5 is better.

> If Tobias should need more time for a live demo, it will be better to add
time to his talk. Better to finish early than to be late.

yes.

> I'll be there, yes. Rita said she can help.

ahh thank you rita

> I assume Tobias also will.
>
> Cesar

geometry: without it life is pointless