[Libre-soc-dev] FOSDEM schedule needed

Cesar Strauss cestrauss at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 07:26:32 GMT 2024

Em 01/02/2024 20:00, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton via Libre-soc-dev
escreveu:
> alasdair kergon has frozen the schedule so that no new talks
> can be added,

Seems I'm still room manager in pretalx. In fact, the only one. And
still able to adjust the schedule. Maybe there was some
misunderstanding? Or maybe it was done like this to prevent "edit wars"?

I suspect schedule changes are still allowed, If I'm the one to do them.

This is what I'm seeing on pretalx:

10:50, 30 min - Cologne Chip GateMate FPGA, Anton Kuzmin

15 min break

11:35, 30 min - Formal Verification, Cesar Strauss

5 min break

12:10, 30 min - Verilog-AMS in Gnucap, Felix, Al Davis

5 min break

12:45, 15 min - Bigint SVP64, Jacob

5 min break

13:05, 30 min - FOSS CAD/EDA tools, Wladek Grabinski

5 min break

13:40, 30 min - ECP5 Libre-SOC prototyping, Tobias

15 min break

14:25, 15 min - Advanced Simple-V: DD-FF, Luke

Luke's talk is on pretalx at 14:25, but his availability is set to 12:00
- 14:00, so it won't show in the schedule. I suppose it's the way he
found to withdraw it, not having resources to finish and record it.

Jacob's talk is also on pretalx. I suspect it will appear, if he sets
his availability. Likewise, I think that's the way he found to hide it,
while not getting a response, if prerecorded talks are allowed. I'll ask
about this again. I don't see why not, his video will appear on the
screen, and maybe there's a way to plug the computer audio to the
microfone input, or just point the microfone to the computer speaker...

There's a big 15 min gap before 11:35. Maybe I can lengthen mine and/or
Anton's.

If Tobias should need more time for a live demo, it will be better to
add time to his talk. Better to finish early than to be late.

> and he will find us an experienced devroom person.
> alasdair's great. tobias cesar if you are able to help during
> the day? if there are any other people going who could even do
> one talk (under guidance), simple things like, "man the door
> to make sure people don't disturb the speaker"?

I'll be there, yes. Rita said she can help. I assume Tobias also will.

Cesar