[Libre-soc-dev] Finishing off the grant: gigabit crypto router 2021-02-052

Cesar Strauss cestrauss at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 17:37:00 BST 2024

Hi Luke,

On 04/20/2024 01:49, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton via Libre-soc-dev wrote:

> jacob if you can write out things so i can reply pretty
> much just "yes", "no", or in 1 brief sentence, that would
> be really helpful. you really do need to understand this
> correctly / help others to understand as well.

Like Jacob, I myself am not really sure you are right. But, given that
you likely spent a lot of time researching UK Trade Marks Law, and I
didn't, I'm prepared to accept it, given the evidence.

So, do you mind answering some questions of my own, as well? Please
don't spend your time, and feel free to respond with "sorry, do your own
research", or even not to respond at all, I won't mind (much). Also,
feel free to change your mind on previous answers.

Like you asked, we can start by assuming you are right. So, for the sake
of argument, let's assume RED really infringed your trade mark of
SimpleV with their VISC (even if RED have made it clear they have not
done so).

My first question is: Given that they assumedly infringed, their act has
necessary fallen under one of the provisions of the UK Trade Marks Act
1994 (*) or, failing that, under some other UK law pertaining to Trade
Marks, correct?

(*) See: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1994/26/contents

Thanks,

Cesar