[Libre-soc-dev] Finishing off the grant: gigabit crypto router 2021-02-052

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 23:52:57 BST 2024

This grant is going to expire soon, and it's essential that we complete it
for both our and NLnet's sake.

Since it seems less likely that we will be able to complete all the work as
originally planned since we've added more nice features than strictly
required by the tasks[^1], I think we need to go through the tasks and
decide which ones have been completed enough to be considered completed
according to the task description we gave NLnet, and to figure out what
amount of work is strictly required on the rest, so that we can either
finish it or work with NLnet to change the definition of those tasks so we
can finish them in time.

[^1]: e.g. in the mul remap task we added a bunch of things that aren't
strictly required for multiplication, which has bogged that task down to
where it's stalled on figuring out the list of features and only has a
partial implementation of that full set of features.

What do you all think?