[Libre-soc-dev] next things i'd like to work on

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Sep 22 22:57:05 BST 2023

libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:
>> > Since it's blocking progress on emulated syscalls, I think i should
start
>> > implementing the changes to mem.py, just enough so there's a block of
>> > memory that can be passed to syscalls, implementing the mmap syscall
is put
>> > off till later when i get back to working on the elf/mmap task.
>>
>> good idea. btw a sub-bug needs to be raised about this,
>> can you do it as "blocks 981 and 982" for now? zero budget though
>
> i'll do it as blocks 982 and 1169, 981 afaict doesn't use isacaller so is
not blocked by isacaller changes.

btw i updated the title of the so that the rest of the codebase
is not disrupted for many weeks hunting down an API change.
API changes you *cannot* just randomly do, in python.
you work with what you have, you *optionally* swap in
Liskov-Principle-Substitutions, and only as a last resort
you *schedule* API changes and ensure the unit tests have
been rigorously written already to cope.

you know this already.

>> > after unblocking syscalls, i'll get back to modular exponentiation.
>> >
>> > Sound good?
>>
>> perfect.  also whilst you are (clearly) up, could you post
>> that "i am thinking of doing X" procedure on #1126?
>
> i went to sleep immediately after sending...i posted it now.

awesome.