[Libre-soc-dev] next things i'd like to work on

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 17:17:45 BST 2023

On Fri, Sep 22, 2023, 02:01 Dmitry Selyutin via Libre-soc-dev <
libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

> Sorry, I don't get how mmap support blocks 982 and especially 981
> (considering that cavatools is in no way related to our simulation).
> Probably you meant the other way round for 982?

what's blocking 982 is having a contiguous block of memory that you can
pass a pointer to to host syscalls, since linux syscalls can't read/write
bytes directly to a dict.

this is unrelated to 981.

In my point of view, it's lack of changes in 982 block mmap support: lack
> of syscalls trap.

yes, that blocks mmap.