[Libre-soc-dev] Fwd: Short update from NLnet, accessibility webinar etc

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Sep 19 18:42:42 BST 2023

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <michiel at nlnet.nl>
Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Subject: Short update from NLnet, accessibility webinar etc

Dear Jan,

we hope you’ve had a nice summer, and you and everyone else involved with
your project are doing well. At our end we've been very busy with booting
up a host of new projects - people continue to amaze us with fresh and
exciting endeavours. Check out the whole list on
https://nlnet.nl/project/current.html).

In addition we have (as always) been working hard to secure future funding,
and not only have we secured funding for another four years of open calls -
we'll be launching some new targeted funds soon as well (among others on
digital payment methods, mobile telephony and hosting). For you, it
obviously shouldn't matter - you can always just submit your plan in the
same place (https://nlnet.nl/propose) and let us sort it out...

( In case your current grant is near the end of your work, and you have
more ideas: the next deadline is October 1st )

As you know, for us accessibility is very important - we want the next
generation of the internet to be inclusive. Are you still wondering if this
is for you? A quick way to learn a lot about accessibility, is the free
webinar we are organising this Thursday September 21 at 13:00 CEST. More
information below.

We have also gathered info on some upcoming events where you might bump
into us:

- November 10-11: SFSCON in Bolzano, Italy
- November 11-12: OpenAlt 2023 in Brno, Czech Republic
- November 15-16: NGI Forum in Brussels, Belgium

You can also check out: https://nlnet.nl/events/20230605

All the best,
the NLnet team

--------------------

==============================
 NGI0 webinar on Accessibility
==============================

Join us for our webinar 'How To Make Your Digital Product Accessible For
All' with Charlotte Swart. Charlotte is a user experience researcher at HAN
University and leads the accessibility auditing team for NGI Zero projects.
She will share the most common issues and demonstrate an accessibility
audit by operating a website by keyboard or voice-over only.

This is a freely accessible online event on September 21, 13.00 – 14.30
CEST organized by NLnet and HAN University. No sign-up or registration is
required, simply join the BigBlueButton-room.

More info: https://nlnet.nl/events/20230921

======
SFSCON
======

SFSCON: a conference all about free software, is held in Bolzano, Italy,
November 10-11. Free Software Foundation Europe is a supporter of the
conference and will present NGI Zero in a talk about the role of free
software in the Next Generation Internet.

More info: https://www.sfscon.it

============
OpenAlt 2023
============

The OpenAlt Conference is hosted by the Brno University of Technology.  It
focuses on Open Software, Open Data, IT Security, DIY and IoT.
Registration is not mandatory but they do appreciate if you let them know
you’re coming.  November 11-12, Brno, Czech Republic.

More info: https://www.openalt.cz/2023

===============
 NGI Forum 2023

Join us at the NGI Forum 2023, the annual event of the European
Commission’s Next Generation Internet initiative. The Forum brings people
together who are working on a human-centered, trustworthy internet for all.
NGI Zero will be present with talks and workshops from o.a. Radically Open
Security, Free Software Foundation, petites singularités and NLnet.
Everyone is welcome and registration is free. 15-16 November 2023, in
Brussels.

More info: https://ngiforum2023.eu