[Libre-soc-dev] FOSDEM Scheduling

Andrey Miroshnikov andrey at technepisteme.xyz
Wed Dec 13 12:06:25 GMT 2023

On 13/12/2023 11:24, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>  > I haven't added breaks
>
> they WILL be needed. absolutely no question. have you run
> a conference or been to FOSS conferences before?
Ok, breaks added.

> i suggest putting tobias's talk last as he will
> almost certainly want to connect up his own equipment
> (demo).
Yep, already plan to have his talk be the last one.

> that would be good to accomodate. i have asked seth to give
> some idea of its content. >
>
>  > I suggest reducing the biginteger talk from 30min to 25min to allow
> for this, as well as trimming Sadoon's crypto talk from 30min to 25min,
>
> do bothAdding 5 min breaks between each talk, and taking out the biginteger
talk (I suggest keeping biginteger in reserve in case of cancellations),
we have 10min to spare. We'll need to find another 20min to fit in this
external talk (25min + 5min break).

Sadoon, it may be worth looking at pre-recording the cryptographic talk,
and have that in reserve as well. That or the Linux Distribution Porting
one.

> 5 mins in between every other talk gives "overrun" time.
> back-to-back for 3-4 hours is a total exhaustion overwhelm
> absolute guaranteed. don't do it.
>
> the FOSDEM organisers will provide "countdown" timers andnotifications
> signs for *us* to show to speakers.
Ah yes, I remember those countdown timers now.

> breaks are absolutely essential even just to catch
> a breath and hand over to other talk team members without
> disrupting the speakers by having to leave the room
> (disruption) to hold a conversation (disruption) which
> you can't even do because catching the attention (disruption)
> of the person running the timer is something you simply
> cannot do.

Yes, makes sense.

> in case you had not guessed running a devroom is a LOT of work.
Yes, I get that much, please don't beat me down with it.