[Libre-soc-dev] Submitting NLnet RfPs - How to?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Dec 6 23:45:58 GMT 2023

On Wednesday, December 6, 2023, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> walk them through the process.  over IRC is the better medium
> as it is both interactive *and logged* so if there are mistakes
> or constructive feedback required there is a full audit log
> to analyse to see what went awry, and why.

ninth: the person will receive their payment, and as part of
the secret URL there is a table stating "paid date" against
each RFP. the person is *required* to go back through the
milestones against which they first added "submitted=YYYY-MM-DD"
and to now add "paid=YYYY-MM-DD" on every single one.

(there is a mode of budget-sync that can perform this action
automatically, documented in the README, but it should ONLY
be used if properly understood as it can perform "mass change"
risking destruction of the Financial Records if abused.
ONLY use this program under STRICT supervision, on the
logged IRC Channel, with an experienced Authorized MOU
Agent/Signatry guiding and monitoring its use).

as with "submitted" run budget-sync to ensure that you
have not caused "damage" to the Financial Records.

tenth: notify the MoU Signatory Agent (Project Lead) that
the payment records have been updated. the Project Lead
*should* be receiving bugzilla change notifications but that
does not guarantee they have been seen: it is your
responsibility to keep notifying them and escalating until
you have received an *acknowledgement*.

eleventh: the Project Lead (MoU Signatory) then needs to
double-check the Financial Records, by re-running budget-sync,
then going to the mdwn/{payee}.mdwn file and check that
all tasks on the corresponding NLnet RFP have moved to a
"paid by NLnet" section. they should all have the same "paid"
date because RFPs are never split. there should also neither be
tasks listed as "paid" that are not listed on the RFP, or
tasks on the RFP but that are not listed on the payee mdwn file.
if there are this needs to be raised on Audit-tracked Libre-SOC
resources, NOT discussed privately with the payee, requesting
that they review and if necessary correct any discrepancies.

yes this really is this astoundingly meticulous, specific
and detailed, and requires extreme thorough rigour, patience
and diligence.

that diligence and meticulous attention is why we have been
trusted with the order of HALF A MILLON Euros of EU Grant
money over the past five years. it all comes down to being
able to demonstrate, if asked, in effect, putting it plainly:
"are you committing fraud here?"
we can categorically answer NO.