[Libre-soc-dev] State of some tasks needs clarification

Dmitry Selyutin ghostmansd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 19:53:56 BST 2023

On Mon, Aug 28, 2023 at 9:04 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1056 looks very much not complete (15 items still marked as TODO). for 1056, if you need money right away, one thing we did before on other grants is to create a subtask for all work done up till now and mark that as completed.

Frankly, I'm not even sure what exactly my input was. I recall I
participated in some discussions here and there, but it was so spread
in time and so long ago that I cannot even guess how it maps to this
task. :-)

> dmitry, does EUR 800 total sound good? 400 for me, 100 for lkcl, 300 for you (I expect it to be just a few lines of code since you only need to add SVP64 support to the insns i'm assuming already exist in binutils, so a lot of the payment covers time emailing back and forth)

I've checked, these are in binutils already indeed. I'll check whether
some basic code can be assembled with sv. variants and will report to
this task. If there are no pitfalls, I think the budget is fair.

>> 1. Create one subtask under 1035, and assign some budget from 1035.
>>
>> 2. Transfer a bit of the budget for 1119 from 1035.
>
> i can do that if you like, or you can...

It'd be great if you could do it, thanks for suggesting it! I'm afraid
to break something in budget-sync or, worse, hurt the audit.

> that's generally correct. the budget can be changed but we have to get that approved by nlnet (and the auditors?), so it will be much easier to not do that and just add subtasks.

OK, cool. I'll post my thoughts on 979 and provide some basic
information on the subtask(s?) there soon.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Selyutin