[Libre-soc-dev] State of some tasks needs clarification

Dmitry Selyutin ghostmansd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 17:33:24 BST 2023

On Mon, Aug 28, 2023 at 6:58 PM Dmitry Selyutin <ghostmansd at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. As for visitor-related, I think 979 and 980 fit this best, as
> binutils continuation. I think I'll cut one of these tasks (or even
> both) into parts. One part will be "backend-agnostic C code
> generation", which is reused by binutils.

I checked these. 980 is not a candidate, that's about pseudocode from markdown.
979 seems to be a good candidate, we can use visitors at least for
opcode generation.
Based on my experience, we are almost ready to generate the basic opcodes table.
Combine it with how objdump decodes PO, add operands parsing, prefix
decoding, and we're done.
Basically this is objdump with fully generated tables, a wolf in a
sheep's clothing.
Except that we will be generic. I'm thinking of a standalone library
as the result.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Selyutin