[Libre-soc-dev] message to bitcoin-dev

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 07:54:56 GMT 2021

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021, 22:22 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2021-January/018371.html
>
> after putting in the nlnet cryptorouter application sent this out, really
> nice responses.

If we're designing it to work well with cryptocurrencies, we could do
something like add custom instructions that help accelerate WebAssembly,
which is being added to Ethereum.

Maybe load/store with address bounds-checking?

(it's specified to cause a trap for addresses more than a certain limit --
usually implemented by memory-mapping 4GB of address space and setting the
high half to be inaccessible -- but that only works for 32-bit WebAssembly
on 64-bit cpus with MMUs. 64-bit WebAssembly and/or 32-bit CPUs have to use
extra instructions with every load/store op for bounds checking.)