[Libre-soc-dev] change of tapeout date, and roadmap for 180nm ADIC

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Sep 23 19:23:28 BST 2020

On 9/23/20, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2020, 11:04 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>
>> so for a second iteration we have 5 weeks to try to get MMU in, test
>> JTAG, and staf can design a fixed size custom SRAM block.
>>
>> if we cannot get the 2nd iteration working then we fall back to the 1st.
>>

> maybe we should create a separate branch to hold the fall back version,
> allowing us to fix bugs without adding new features. how about naming it
> `dec-tapeout-fallback`?

i'd prefer to use "if" statements to enable code, i really dislike
branches.  if we absolutely have to then yes.

> Also, maybe I can get the gdb protocol implementation in nmigen to work now
> that there's more than one day to implement it. :)

:)

honestly i do not think it is worth the effort, and it is duplication.
the jtag2dmi and jtag wb interfaces do exactly the same job, already
exist and are a lot less complex.

it would be much more valuable to have that jtagremote compatible
client and server code which is extremely easy and can likely be
completed in under an hour.