[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 17sep2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:31:31 BST 2020

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 8:31 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2020, 02:49 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
> > i do wonder why the REST APi is so slow.  it occurred to me that it
> > might be a parameter, deliberately set, to stop over-use of the API.
> My guess is it's a combination of the 250-300ms ping from where I am to
> mythic-beasts' datacenter and that the server is using a HDD instead of a
> SSD and the database is told by bugzilla to do a bunch of fsync's?

I believe I mentioned this to Luke on our call on Tuesday... actually
I think it was Wednesday as Tuesday was the OpenPOWER conference.
Regardless, I suggested that we should do a review of our
infrastructure after the tapeout deadline, in order to set ourselves
up for success for the year (or more) to come of development. That
includes our server setup, and very importantly the migration of our
git and bugzilla infrastructure to an offline capable decentralized
git-like service, which I'm currently forgetting the name of so please
kindly remind me Luke.

I think there already exist several bugs for this marked as deferred,
so I would suggest we do a review of deferred bugs after the tapeout
deadline.

Cole