[Libre-soc-dev] power-instruction-analyzer v0.2.0

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Oct 29 00:54:32 GMT 2020

On 10/29/20, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> I published v0.2.0 to PyPI and crates.io and created a git tag.
>
> I decided to change the version number since Luke was complaining
> about how not changing the version number made it annoying to update.

i did? oh yes if that goes through automatically to pip3 then yes,
pip3 will go "nope sorry this is the same version, ain't gonna do it"
:)

> I put the generated output json on the ftp server:
> https://ftp.libre-soc.org/power-instruction-analyzer/output-for-v0.2.0.json.gz

fantastic.   just to check: is that required to operate normally or is
it only required when running tests?

either way, now i remember it, the normal official distribution method
of "data" when creating a binary distribution on e.g. pypi is for the
data to be included in the package (and even sometimes in source
tarballs, on the basis that those are distributed releases too) .  or
if particularly large, one trick debian distros will do is actually
put the data in a separate "-data" package where the FSH rules for it
are to put it into /usr/share (if static data)