[Libre-soc-dev] pia as cycle accurate simulator?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Oct 15 02:23:03 BST 2020

On 10/15/20, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> added the rest of the instructions in the Fixed-Point Arithmetic
> Instructions section of the Power v3.1 spec to
> power-instruction-analyzer, with the following exceptions:
> paddi -- not supported on POWER9 since it's one of the new prefixed
> instructions

yeh we don't want those, they're V3.1B

> addpcis -- results dependent on instruction's address, which
> power-instruction-analyzer can't currently control.
> darn -- results random -- not easily testable
>
> All implemented instructions pass the tests.

fantastic.

> Next, I guess I'll add the rest of the fixed-point instructions that
> aren't loads, stores, branches, traps, or random or depend on the
> instruction's address.

that'd be great.

my thoughts here are, it's pretty close to becoming the core of an
actual simulator.

what do you reckon, and could we then drop SV on top in an
object-orientated fashion?

(in spike i did element width overrides through c++ OO overrides, it
was a while ago now, i think you helped with that?)