[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 16nov2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 18:20:49 GMT 2020

On Saturday, November 21, 2020, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> On 11/16/20, Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 1:28 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> today:
> >> power-cpu-sim [snip]
> >
> > Fantastic! Really cool Jacob, just played around with it some. My only
> > suggestion would be to perhaps increase the width of the columns as
> > currently the renaming splits over lines awkwardly.
>
> Cole can you see that by asking for embellishments you are actively
> causing and encouraging Jacob to continue to spend time and resources
> on something that is of no immediate value to the project's highest
> priority goals?

[snip]

in the meantime - Cole - again i cannot tell you what to do, but,
> again, the only thing i can do is point out that encouraging Jacob to
> continue down this rabbithole is itself causing harm to the project.

Luke I understand and appreciated you’re mindset and perspective because of
your long very helpful clarifying email to me on Tuesday evening. However,
it was a one line change to the css file, not an embellishment. It would
waste a lot more time if the table produced was illegible or difficult to
read. I think you are overinterpreting here Luke. I understand where you
are coming from but in this case I strongly feel that this is a
misattribution because this cost maybe one minute but will save hours of
time wasted scrutinizing a table that is poorly formatted and thus messes
with the brain’s analytical and information intake hotpath.

Can you state here one more time as clearly as possible the exact task that
you think Jacob should be working on as his highest priority? Because to me
the communication despite your best efforts is still muddled.

Cole