[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 12nov2020

Tobias Platen libre-soc at platen-software.de
Thu Nov 12 17:57:52 GMT 2020

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 18:21:43 +0100
Tobias Platen <libre-soc at platen-software.de> wrote:

Found the reason why dcbz never completes.

                with m.Case(MicrOp.OP_DCBZ):
                    # activate dcbz mode (spec: v3.0B p850)
                    comb += valid.eq(1)   # start "pulse"
                    comb += d_in.valid.eq(blip)     # start
                    comb += d_in.dcbz.eq(1)         # dcbz mode
                    comb += d_in.addr.eq(a_i + b_i) # addr is (RA|0) + RB
                    comb += done.eq(l_out.done)     # THIS IS WRONG

Once this is fixed, I propose to connect the PortInterface to the MMU and DCache.
Then some simulated memory could be added.

> yesterday: add dcbz and tlbio instruction needed by mmu
> today: investigating dcbz failure
>
> I guess that the mmu will try to write cache contents into memory which fails because there is no memory yet.
>
> Tobias

Tobias Platen <libre-soc[at]platen-software[dot]de>