[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 10nov2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Nov 11 09:33:07 GMT 2020

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 7:51 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> today:
> wrote out the definitions registers and for the 4 or 5 instructions
> initially supported in power-cpu-sim. I picked the instructions used
> in the example loop in:
> https://libre-soc.org/3d_gpu/architecture/compared_to_register_renaming/

jacob: do you see how long this is taking you?

the expectation - the dozens of questions that you've not answered in
the bugreport - i asked because the need - the requirement - is to do
FAST (throw-away, maximum a few hours) programs - in order to aid and
assist in a conversation, to save time by evaluating options
**BEFORE** the time (one, two, three, four weeks) are spent.

what you've done is *ignore* the questions, and are developing
something that hasn't been discussed or evaluated.

now, it's perfectly fine to develop something that you really want to
(because it's interesting), i do that all the time.

however what we need is *discussion and communication*.

can you let me know when you're happy to come back to answering the
questions and to engage in the discussion?