[Libre-soc-dev] svp64

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Thu Dec 24 14:35:28 GMT 2020

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 01:59:58PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> https://libre-soc.org/openpower/sv/overview/
>
> i started this "overview" page to give an introduction as well as keep the
> svp64 page "clean" if you know what i mean.
>
> it is also a rewrite of what was formerly the RV appendix page, to sone
> extent.

In section 3. Adding single predication

It's not clear to me what the use case is of stopping the loop early when the
predication bit is zero and the destination is a scalar.

Do we, for example, never want to add up selected elements of a vector?

Presumably there is some other use I'm not seeing.

-- hendrik