[Libre-soc-dev] Coloquinte legalizer failure

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 00:57:35 GMT 2020

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 12:18 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure but I *think* that the right stage of yosys would be the 'techmap' command. From this page https://symbiflow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/toolchain-desc/yosys.html (I think it's accurate to yosys not specific to symbiflow) it should be possible to write a custom rule for a standard pre-existing techmap 'rule', or to write the rule for our specific technology/needs/requirements ourselves. Is this the case? I'm not familiar enough with yosys to interpret this reliably.
>
> Cole

Additionally, this page of the yosys documentation explains the
'memory_bram -rules <rule_file> [selection]' command which performs a
pass that according to a small excerpt from the documentation:
"converts the multi-port $mem memory cells into block ram instances.
The given rules file describes the available resources and how they
should be
used. The rules file contains a set of block ram description and a
sequence of match rules."

Cole