[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 14aug2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Aug 14 22:38:01 BST 2020

On Friday, August 14, 2020, Alain D D Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> wrote:

> 78.32.209.33
>
> Don't worry - it is 12 hours, I won't try before then

no, i set it to 2 weeks because i got fed up of slow continuous attacks.

> .
> If I get desperate I'll remove the rule from IPtables ... if you tell me
> how to
> delist that would help for when I ban myself again.

search for "fail2ban remove ip" i forget the command.

do an iptables dump, that will tell you which "group" the ip is in.

it is most likely to be sshd and possibly "recidive" as well.

bypassing fail2ban client does not work btw.

yes there is a whitelist somewhere in /etc/fail2ban.