[Libre-soc-dev] Daily Kanban 2020aug10

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Aug 10 22:05:15 BST 2020

On Monday, August 10, 2020, Samuel Falvo II <sam.falvo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am I doing this right?

pretty much yeah :)

a "real" kan-ban is a 10 minute standup meeting each morning, where people
start by shuffling cards from "TODO" to "DOING" to "DONE" on a board, then
spend 30 to 60 seconds saying what they did yesterday and what they are
going to do today.

the idea being that everyone else can see in summary form what everyone
else is doing, and, additionally, you get a reality check and "grounding"
of a day by day comparison of what you _said_ you were going to do the day
before, compared to what you actually achieved.

it also provides people with the opportunity to comment and review, provide
insights and so on.

> Progress:
> - Last week spent with wife for her birthday.

nice!

> - Volunteered to be a project manager for a friend's home business
> with hopes that said freelance work can help recoup my loss of income
> from unemployment.
>
> Plans:
> - Get back into things.  Get the MUL proofs to even run at all.

ok this i feel should be done slightly differently, by joining the pre,
main and post stages together with a combinatorial chain, and the proof to
run on the whole chain.