[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 06AUG2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Aug 6 18:52:29 BST 2020

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 6:45 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yesterday:
>
> * MUL unit tests
> * Diagram prioritization bug completed for luke to now assess
> * Started translation of microwatt mmu.vhdl into soc/src/experiment/mmu.py
>
> I'm definitely misinterpreting some VHDL into incorrect nmigen
> structures, but I figured that you can help correct my course here
> Luke.

hmmm i've found that it's slow work but it's necessary to have the
actual vhdl open at the same time, and to "be" the person that's doing
the translation.

also: much of the work can be done with a few choice
global/search/replaces.   ": std_ulogic_vector(63 downto 0);" can be
global/search/replaced with " = Signal(64)" for example.

note that anything in a "rising edge" block **MUST** be "sync +="

> I've pasted the whole of mmu.vhdl as comments in mmu.py, and am
> translating clause by clause, interleaved with the vhdl comments, into
> nmigen. Can I commit this and get some help?

again: i believe i have said this about 5 times already, so you should
know by now that you do not need to ask when committing code that you
*know* is unused and cannot do "damage".  so as jacob says (message
just came in when writing this): please just commit it, don't keep
asking, ok?

also this time remember to do "git push".