[Libre-soc-dev] Writing unit tests

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Aug 4 20:24:57 BST 2020

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 8:03 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can use power-instruction-analyzer to help test the mul* and madd*
> instructions, since I added them all. see the div pipeline tests for an
> example. for madd* you will need to pass the actual rc argument value to
> InstructionInput instead of 0.

yes it's a good idea: however one thing at a time.  if cole chooses to
do that, he'll definitely he'll need help with it, and it'll
definitely need to be under a new bugreport.

the first goal is to keep it *really* simple for him and to simply add
"some test that happens to loop through a stack of opcodes" just like
the nested div test.

this to be a maximum of around 15 lines of code.

adding the use of pia - although it is a good idea - is well over 80
lines and a much larger task for him.