[libre-riscv-dev] pyobjc, gnu objective-c and gnustep

lkcl . luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 12:42:27 BST 2020

*click* what the hell am i saying??  jean-paul, we've got a clear need
for improvements to coriolis2, it is *really* easy to justify putting
in an application for NLNet funding, here.

if you're interested, i can kick some tires and see if there are
people in, say, the GNUStep community (and other locations) willing to
get pyobjc GNUStep support properly working, upstreamed, and suitable
for use as the main "glue" in coriolis2.  replacing libboost as well
as Qt [1]

what do you think?

l.

[1] once pyobjc python bindings exist and work, you'd have *immediate*
dynamic runtime access to GNUStep GUI Objective-C bindings.  aalllll
of theeeeem.  GNUStep GUIs in python using pyobjc would be laughably -
and very unnervingly - trivial.  oh and there's a high probability
that they'd also work on macosx, unmodified.