[libre-riscv-dev] PPC on Talos and Playstation 3
Immanuel, Yehowshua U
yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu
Mon Mar 30 19:35:17 BST 2020
Before I try my hand at an FPU,
- Do we have any FPU attempt in nMigen, Verilog, or some other language yet that I should be aware of?
- The POWER ISA 3.0 PDF doc specifies an IEEE 745-1985 compliant mode as well as a faster non-compliant mode - I’m guessing we have to implement both?
- I imagine your RUST algebraics library should be useful for this?
- how many stages should I have for the FPU - is there a sweetspot?
- We’re doing a reconfigureable FPU correct? What bit modes does it support?
More information about the libre-riscv-dev