[libre-riscv-dev] PPC on Talos and Playstation 3

Immanuel, Yehowshua U yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu
Sun Mar 29 21:17:49 BST 2020

So I was wondering how to run unit tests for the PPC FPU. We can obviously do this on the Talos server, but also playstation 3.

I have some old PPC Macs, but they are 32 bit not 64 bit.

Sony’s playstation 3 however is ppc64. Also, Sony officially supported Linux on PS3 FAT models only which you can pick up on eBay for $50 - $70.

So I think this is a good route to explore if anyone needs immediate/direct access to PPC64 for unit testing. I’m considering ordering one myself.

Yehowshua