[libre-riscv-dev] Building Docker Containers

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 20:56:30 BST 2020

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020, 12:33 Immanuel, Yehowshua U <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu>
wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2020, at 2:59 PM, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com
> <mailto:programmerjake at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> My build server has a 120GB ssd, so if it works there, it should work on
> the talos server.
>
> Careful there - you need to specify what architecture you’re using if
> changing to Docker PPC.
> Docker by default assumes x86. Look at Raspberry Pi docker for details on
> how this can be done.
> As I understand it, Talos is PPC non?

Talos is powerpc64el. Thanks for the heads-up regarding assuming x86. I was
referring to failing due to running out of disk space, which should be
nearly the same between Power and x86. I have not yet tested the gitlab CI
on the Talos, I'm trying to get it to work on x86 first. Also, since gitlab
CI is running on my local build server which I can walk over to and plug in
a keyboard and display if I need to, it might be easier to debug than if it
was running on a remote server somewhere.