[libre-riscv-dev] Building Docker Containers

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Mar 29 17:19:35 BST 2020

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 5:14 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 5:03 PM Immanuel, Yehowshua U
> <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Haha - well Georgia Tech where I am is more or less like an ISP so I have Gigabit internet when on campus - so no problems here.
>
> yehyeh.  this is normal.  then we get someone like myself: in the
> process of developing this project, just in the past two years i've
> been to India, China, Taiwan, Okinawa Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong,
> Spain, Belgium, Holland, England, Scotland, Canada, the U.S (briefly),
> and so use

sorry wrote the other bit and accidentally hit send.

use mobile broadband routers.  of course, for many reasons including
because i have been abroad, i don't have personal access bank account
that i can register a Contract SIM with, on credit.

therefore i use PAYG SIMS which are FIVE times more expensive.

we absolutely cannot assume that all developers, the world over, who
want to contribute to and use this project have massive bandwidth *or
even a permanent internet connection at all*.

it's why i've been pushing to get public-inbox installed, because it's
git backed.   that means people can be entirely offline and still
write messages.

the only bugbear is bugzilla, and it *might* be possible to create a
gateway between bugzilla and bugseverywhere.