[libre-riscv-dev] LibreSOC - RISCV and POWER dual architecture feasibility

Immanuel, Yehowshua U yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu
Sun Mar 15 18:26:45 GMT 2020

Although, even if we have POWER -> RISCV uOPS, we still don’t need RISCV64 compatibility.

Its just unnecessary from a customer standpoint and extra labor - I’m still not seeing the benefit.

For a MVP, we should do the minimum - which at this point, seems to be just POWER.

If its a matter of original NLNET proposals, its probably easier to request permission for changes in architectural promises than trying to deliver everything(I’m sure NLNET know that unforeseen obstacles can and will pop up)…

Yehowshua