[libre-riscv-dev] Let’s Encrypt discovers CAA bug, must revoke customer certificates

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 01:09:35 GMT 2020

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020, 16:39 Veera <vklr at vkten.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Let's Encrypt PKI certificate users need to manually renew all their
> certificates
> by Wednesday due to a critical bug.

thanks for the heads up!

> <link https://arstechnica.com/?p=1657790>
>
> Libre-riscv.org servers should update the certificates. Perhaps it is
> using them
> for git, bugzilla login, ikiwiki login , mailman2 and others.

I checked libre-riscv.org and git.libre-riscv.org using
https://checkhost.unboundtest.com/checkhost the tool recommended by lets
encrypt:
https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/revoking-certain-certificates-on-march-4/114864

Neither of the certs I checked is affected.

bugzilla and mailman don't use https (one of the things we should fix in
the migration to libre-soc.org)